Joining decentralized social networks ensures ownership of your social life.
Let’s face it. Most social networking platforms exist purely to spy on you so they can serve up “relevant” ads. Yet, there is another way — a way to allow us to connect with family and friends while safeguarding our privacy.
Joining a peer-to-peer (P2P) social network empowers you in ways not found on conventional platforms like Facebook. How much power? Let’s count the ways.
- Decentralization of data: Your data is not held in central server owned by a single entity. Instead, your data is distributed across multiple devices.
- Access control rights: Every connection is established through a double opt-in confirmation recorded through a ledger.
- Freedom: Because P2P connections are established through relationships of trust, you can be who you want to be while interacting with other online network users the way you want.
- Own your data: Everything you create is yours — forever. No corporation owns it.
- Availability: No services are down due to server maintenance. De-centralization ensures multiple redundancies that allow easy access.
- Data security: Direct device-to-device contact means no third party is listening without your permission.
- Fast connection: With bandwidth distributed over multiple nodes, information is lightning quick
- 24/7 access: Interact with friends and family whenever and wherever you like without restrictions from government or interference from malicious agents.
- You are not the product: Your identity is not being sold and re-sold to the highest bidder.
- No Big Brother: P2P networks have no hierarchy, no entity that’s privileged above others. Big Brother is not watching you.
P2P social networking has a beautiful future. Become an early adopter today!